Professor, Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering,
University of Tsukuba
1-1-1, Ten-no-dai, Tsukuba Science City , Ibaraki, 305-8573 JAPAN
Tel. +81-29-853-6175; FAX. +81-29-853-6471; email@example.com
Date of Birth: December 1, 1961, Place of Birth: Tokyo, Japan
Current Fields of Interests
Nonlinear dynamics, nonlinear and bifurcation control, nonlinear dynamics and control of MEMS/NEMS
1984, B.S., Keio University, Mechanical Engineering, Great Distinction
1986, M.S., Keio University, Mechanical Engineering
1990, Ph.D., Keio University, Mechanical Engineering
1990-1992 RIKEN Special Postdoctoral Researcher (SPDR)
1992-1999 Assistant professor, Institute of Applied Physics, University of Tsukuba
1997 Visiting Scholar, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
1999-2005 Associate professor, Institute of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba
2005-2008 Professor, Institute of Systems and Information Engineering University of Tsukuba
2008-present Professor, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University
2002 Visiting Professor, University of Rome La Sapienza
2006 Visiting Professor, University of Rome La Sapienza
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
- JSME Medal for Outstanding (Yabuno，H．，Ide，Y．，and Aoshima，N．，“Nonlinear Analysis of a Parametrically Excited Cantilever Beam,”JSME International Journal，41-3， 1998， pp 555-562. )
- JSME Medal for Outstanding (Hayashi, K., Ashida, K., Yabuno, H．，and Kuroda, M.,“Amplitude Control in van der Pol Type Self-excited Micro Cantilever for AFM,”Trans. of JSME, 73, 2007, 2225-2231.)
- 2006-2010 Member of Working Party 2 of IUTAM (Dynamical Systems and Mechatronics)
- 2010-present Chair of Working Party 2 of IUTAM
- 2011-present Associate Editor of ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics
- Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation
- Journal of Vibration and Control
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology by the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers
- 2012-present Associate Editor of Journal of Dynamics and Control (Springer ISSN: 2195-268X (print version), ISSN: 2195-2698 (electronic version))
Paper reviewer for numerous professional journals (J. of Vibration and Acoustics, J. of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Nonlinear Dynamics, J. of Vibration and Control, Int. J. of Solids and Structures, J. of Sound and Vibration, and so on)
Selected Invited Lectures in Conferences
- Plenary lecture: Motion Control of a Two-Link Underactuated Manipulator without State Feedback of Underactuated Link, 5th International Workshop on Robot Motion and Control: June 24 2005, Poznan, Poland.
- Invited lecture: Bifurcation Control for Some Mechanical Systems: Stabilization and Utilization of Nonlinear Phenomena, EUROMECH Colloquium 483 Geometrically Non-Linear Vibrations of Structures, June 9-11 2007，Porto, Portugal.
- Invited lecture: Nonlinear Control of Mechanical Systems Based on Generation and Modification of Slow Dynamics, EUROMECH Colloquium 498 Nonlinear Dynamics of Composite and Smart Structures, May 21-24 2008，Kazimierz Dolny, Poland.
- Invited lecture: Nonlinear Control of Mechanical Systems by Using Nonlinear Phenomena, SICON CF, September 21-25 2009, Rome.
- Keynote lecture: Control of Mechanical Systems by Emergence and Actuation of Nonlinearity, RASD 2010, July 12-14 2010, Southampton.
Selected Recent Publications
- Lacarbonara, W. and Yabuno, H., Refined Models of Elastic Beams Undergoing Large In-plane Motions: theory and experiment, 2006, Int. J. Solids Structures, 43, pp. 5066-5084.
- Yabuno, H. and Tsumoto, K., Experimental Investigation of a Buckled Beam under High-Frequency Excitation, 2007, Arch Appl Mech, 77, pp. 339-351.
- Hattori, M. and Yabuno, H., Reachable Area of an Underactuated Space Manipulator Subjected to Simple Spinning: Application of Bifurcation Control under High-Frequency Excitation, 2008, Nonlinear Dyn, 51, pp. 345-353.
- Yabuno, H., Kunitho, Y., and Kashimura, T., Analysis of the van der Pol System With Coulomb Friction Using the Method of Multiple Scales, 2008, ASME J. Vibr . Acoust., 130, pp. 041008-1-041008-7.
- Yabuno, H., Stabilization and Utilization of Nonlinear Phenomena Based on Bifurcation Control for Slow Dynamics, 2008, J. Sound Vib., 315, pp. 766-780.
- Yabuno, H., Kaneko, H., Kuroda, M., and Kobayashi, T., Van der Pol Ttype Self-Excited Micro-Cantilever Probe of Atomic Force Microscopy, 2008, Nonlinear Dyn., 54, pp. 137-149.
- Dick, A., Balachandran, B., Yabuno, H., Numatsu, M., Hayashi, K., Kuroda, M., and Ashida, K., Utilization Nonlinear Phenomena to Locate Grazing in the Constrained Motion of a Cantilever, 2009, Nonlinear Dyn., 57, pp. 335-349.
- Jo, H., Yabuno, H., Amplitude Reduction of Parametric Resonance by Dynamic Vibration Absorber Based on Quadratic Nonlinear Coupling, 2010, J. Sound and Vib., 329, pp. 2205-2217.
- Yabuno, H., Kashimura, T., Inoue, T., and Ishida, Y., 2011, Nonlinear Dyn., 66, pp. 377-387.
- Yabuno, H., Kuroda, M., Someya, T., Nishimura, K., Hayashi, K., Ashida, K.,Van der Pol-type Self-Excited Microcantilever Probe for Atomic Force Microscopy, 2011, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 50-7, 076601.
- Kono, G. Inagaki, Y., Nohara, T., Kasama, M., and Yabuno, H., Analysis of the Frictional Vibration of a Cleaning Blade in Laser Printers Based on 2 DOF Model,
- ASME. J. Comput. Nonlinear Dynam., 2012, 7-1, 011006.
- Yabuno, H. Seo, Y., and Kuroda, M., Self-Excited Coupled Cantilevers for Mass Sensing in Viscous Measurement Environments, Applied Physics Letters, 2013, Appl. Phys. Lett., 103, 6, 063104.